Convergence

Web 2.0 and the Future of Pervasive Computing

Thursday, December 01, 2005

YubNub-A Command Line for the Web?


There have been a ton of web-based services popping up of late. Some of these services have been useful. Some of these services have been nothing but really fancy features. I have been tracking the proliferation of these services and, like any good geek, actively use many of them. One service that I have found to be incredibly useful is YubNub. YubNub is a command line interface to online web-services. If the web is a giant computer, think of YubNub as a type of terminal. The cool part is that the commands are generated by...you guessed it...people. YubNub is a great project and is most definitely endemic of the paradigm shift that is taking place as the web transforms into a computing platform. I will put up a list of all the "Web 2.0" services on the blog sometime soon. Back to work!

technorati tags: , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 7:35 PM, Blogger Jonathan said…

    Hi Hooman - I'm thrilled to hear you find YubNub useful! I also use it frequently each day. It builds on the ideas of several others - notably Jon Udell's mentionings of the "URL command line."

     
  • At 9:24 AM, Blogger Hooman said…

    Thanks for checking in. I definitely will continue to promote Yubnub as it has made my life way easier and is an important step towards a better web. Keep up the good work my friend.

     
  • At 4:51 PM, Anonymous apartments miami said…

    It's a cool site. I check on it every now and then, just to get updated on a few things. It's really helpful. I just hope that they can continue what they are doing, so we can all help make better things happen in the future.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home