Convergence

Web 2.0 and the Future of Pervasive Computing

Friday, January 20, 2006

20 Web 2.0 Company Acquisitions and 10 Acquisitions to Watch Out For in 2006

Hola fanboys. I apologize for my somewhat extended hiatus from the blog-o-sphere. Our little stealth-mode project at Clearspring is growing fast and we have been navigating our way through a slew of investor requests in order to find the right partner. Thankfully, we are almost done because I am one tired Hoo. More on that later. But for now, on with the show!

I was recently asked if I had a list of Web 2.0-related acquisitions. As I did not, I took it upon myself to do a bit of exploring and come up with a list of 20 Web 2.0 Acquisitions that I decided might be fun to check out for some of you web-heads out there.



















I also compiled a list of 10 Web 2.0 Companies that are rumored to be hot acquisition targets in 2006. Let me know your thoughts. That's all for this web-slinger. Back to work.
  1. YouTube
  2. Technorati
  3. Facebook
  4. Riya
  5. Feedster
  6. Digg
  7. Feedburner
  8. Pandora
  9. Last.fm
  10. 37 Signals
technorati tags: , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 7:41 PM, Blogger Amos_thePokerCat said…

    I think this list partially answers your earlier Google question.

     
  • At 4:06 PM, Blogger Hooman said…

    Thanks for the input, Amos!

     
  • At 4:46 PM, Anonymous miami real estate said…

    Google is really taking over the internet nowadays. They probably own half of everything that is on the web. I'm sure that they want to own all of it one day. At least that's how I see it based on their actions over the past few years.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home